March 04, 2007

Only the Most Useful Mashup Ever

click to find store

When I started looking into mashups I thought that they were interesting but I could not see how they might be useful in my everyday life. However, events that transpired over the weekend led me to realize that I need a mashup of all the Starbucks Locations in King County in map form. Someone else had the same idea and created the FindbyClick coffee finder. Type in the name of a city to see locations and addresses of all the nearby Starbucks stores displayed in a map. This is by-goodness useful information!

I had an appointment in a small city south of Seattle and, as I was early, decided I had time to get a Starbucks' Cinnamon Dolce latte. The new mall seemed like a promising destination but when I got there, they had a different coffee house. Could this be the city Starbucks forgot? According to my new finding aid, it appears that there are as many as three stores in that city so this unsettling situation can be avoided in the future.