May 24, 2007

Catching Up

I'm reading Everything is Miscellaneous: the power of the new digital disorder by David Weinberger (Joho the Blog) and I just finished reading Henry Jenkins' Convergence Culture: where old and new media collide. Both books are fascinating reads.

I was tickled to find myself quoted in Stephen's Lighthouse while catching up on my Bloglines subscriptions last weekend. Stephen Abram's inspiring presentation at my library earlier this year sparked the enthusiasm felt by many of the kcls27things participants in my department and division.

I saw this item first reported by the excellent Librarian in Black a few days ago.

PLCMC has followed up their trend-setting Library 2.0 program with:


Learning 2.1: Explore...Discover...Play.


In the first Library 2.1 lesson I learned about a nifty file conversion utility called Zamzar. I used it to convert a .wma sound file I created to an .mp3 file in less than a minute.

I've fallen behind on my posting because I am learning how to set up wikis on pbwiki
in my spare time. My goal is to eliminate up to half the paper clutter that surrounds my desk and go digital and miscellaneous!